IQ_Mod_Setup (IQ Modulator Setup)
Available in ADS
|Freq||Modulation carrier frequency; must be a non-negative real number||GHz||1.0|
|Order||Order for Harmonic Balance analysis; must be a positive integer greater than 0||None||10|
|Pin_Start †||Start value of input power sweep for harmonic balance analysis; must be a real number||dBm||−40|
|Pin_Stop †||Stop value for input power sweep for harmonic balance analysis; must be a real number||dBm||10|
|Pin_Step †||Interval for input power sweep during harmonic balance analysis; must be a real number||dB||2|
|† All power values are referenced to a 50-Ohm system. Pin_Stop >= the following values: 10 + 20 × log10 (vmax) where vmax is the maximum peak voltage magnitude of the modulated signal sqrt(|Vi| 2 + |Vq| 2 ). Pmax,z + 10 × log10(z/50) where Pmax,z, is the maximum modulated signal power in dBm for a z Ohm system.|
- IQ_Mod_Setup performs a swept Harmonic Balance simulation of a circuit-level I/Q modulator and generates a dataset for subsequent use by the data-based system model IQ_Mod_Data.The use of this component is highlighted in the example project IQ_Mod_prj .
- In order for IQ_Mod_Data to produce an accurate model of the circuit-level demodulator characterized by IQ_Mod_Setup, the Order parameter for IQ_Mod_Setup must be large enough to prevent aliasing of higher-order frequency components. For mildly non-linear circuits, an Order of approximately 5 should suffice, while an Order in the range of 10-15 is recommended for highly non-linear circuits.
- The modulation behaviors are extracted for a single carrier frequency and over the range of modulation signal power specified by Pin_Start and Pin_Stop . These power values are specified in dBm with respect to a 50-Ohm system. For an accurate IQ_Mod_Data behavioral model, Pin_Stop must be set at least as large as the expected maximum modulated signal power level. Refer to the Parameters table footnotes for conversion if working in other than a 50-Ohm system.
- Push into IQ_Mod_Setup in a Schematic window for a view of the swept Harmonic Balance simulation controllers. This component can be copied and modified to suit individual needs; typically, this would entail changing the Harmonic Balance controller HB1 to achieve more efficient simulations. For more information, refer to Harmonic Balance Simulation.
- The extracted ADS dataset is assigned the name of the extraction design by default.