The Integrated true-mode stimulus application (TMSA) and the Differential and I/Q devices application (DIQ) both simplify measurements of differential (balanced) devices. The two applications however, are used for different measurements.
- Handles measurements where the input and output frequencies are the same.
- Ideal for S-parameter measurements
- Can get forward ad reverse sweeps in the same channel
- Measures both differential and common-mode S-parameters
- Not used for IMD or harmonic measurements
- Used to measure I/Q modulators/converters and differential mixers.
- Used for harmonic measurements of differential amplifiers (THD and IMD)
- S-parameter traces must be defined explicitly. For example, S21 must be defined as b2_F1/a1_F1.
- Forward and Reverse sweeps cannot be done on the same channel.