SystemVue 2011.10 Release Notes
Core Platform Improvements
Native 64-bit Support on Windows 7
- Native 64-bit SystemVue is now available and recommended for 64-bit versions of Windows 7.
- SystemVue 2007 APG DLL Import is only supported with 32-bit SystemVue 2011.10.
- SystemVue co-simulates with other applications, such as Agilent VSA, Agilent ADS, Agilent GoldenGate, Mentor ModelSim, etc. Some versions of these applications are still 32-bit only. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SystemVue can be installed simultaneously on Windows 7 64-bit systems to insure support for legacy 32-bit applications where there are dependencies.
- Agilent 89601A is currently 32-bit for all versions. RelA and RelB of 89601A VSA 32-bit versions work with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SystemVue 2011.10.
- For HDL cosimulation, supported Mentor Graphics ModelSim 32-bit versions only work with 32-bit SystemVue 2011.10. Supported Mentor Graphics Modelsim 64-bit versions only work with 64-bit SystemVue 2011.10.
- For SystemVue-ADS cosimulation, supported Agilent ADS 32-bit versions only work with 32-bit SystemVue 2011.10. Supported Agilent ADS 64-bit versions only work with 64-bit SystemVue 2011.10.
- Windows XP 64 continues to be supported in a 32-bit compatibility mode (no change).
New "Command Expert" Link for improved instrument control
- Agilent "Command Expert" is a free, new software application that makes it easier to program SCPI and IVI instruments. (It is not included with SystemVue. Please see http://agilent.com/find/commandexpert for more info)
- SystemVue integrates Command Expert directly within Dataflow simulation using a new instrument interface. This versatile new part provides a simple UI for SCPI and IVI scripting, for doing custom measurement automation. Common applications include downloading simulated data to instruments (as a simulation sink), and capturing data from signal analyzers (as a simulation source).
- A broad range of Agilent measurement platforms is supported.
- Note: If you need access to 32-bit IVI-COM drivers, you must run 32-bit SystemVue.
Other Instrument Link Improvements
- Support for VSA 89601B V13 has been dropped, users must upgrade to VSA 89600B V14 or later.
- Support downloading signal to N824xA and M8190 using SignalDownloader_N824xA and SignalDownloader_M8190. (Additionally, a SignalDownloader_M8190_1CH is conveniently provided to support single channel M8190A hardware).
- SignalDownloader_81180 now supports MIMO, event marker and external reference clock configuration.
- Update SignalDownloader_81180 to take two scalar inputs only.
- Use SignalDownloader part to access SignalDownloader_81180, SignalDownloader_M8190, SignalDownloader_M8190_1CH, SignalDownloader_N824xA and SignalDownloader_M933xA downloaders.
Since SignalDownloader_81180 no longer supports single complex input, please update existing schematics that use it by replacing it with SignalDownloader part and selecting the SignalDownloader_81180 model, and using a CxToRect part to convert a complex signal into two real signals.
Multi-Standard (Multi-Format) Signal Combination
- Support multi-standard/multi-format signal combination using SignalCombiner.
- SignalCombiner is able to combine multiple RF envelope signals with different sample rates, different carrier frequencies, and different bandwidths into a single combined signal with specified carrier frequency and sample rate. This capability enables many useful applications such as Multi-Standard Radio (MSR) and interference studies that combine multiple wireless standards (LTE, WCDMA, EDGE, GSM) in adjacent bands. See MultiStandardRadio.wsv in the shipping example area.
Automatic Workspace Recovery
- Automatic Workspace Recovery is supported for unexpected exits or crashes.
- Workspace recovery periodically saves the opened workspaces to a designated temporary directory, configured in the Workspace Recovery Options Tab in Tools > Options > Workspace Recovery.
- The first time you open SystemVue after crash, the Workspace Recovery Window will pop up and let you examine and re-save the auto-saved workspaces.
- Update phase response display in Filter Designer to display unwrapped phase instead of wrapped phase.
- Support S-Domain rational function specification (numerator polynomial and denominator polynomial) in S-Domain filter and also in Custom S-Domain Filter Designer
- Display magnitude and phase specifications along with the resulting magnitude and phase responses for the Custom Frequency Response Filter Designer.
- ModelBuilder.h now checks potential runtime library mismatch using preprocessor.
- To properly build a model library in SystemVue for debugging purpose, select Debug configuration in Visual Studio but change the Runtime Library to /MD and remove _DEBUG from Preprocessor Definitions. Refer to Debugging Data Flow C++ Models for detailed information.
- Support unwrap Math Language function.
- Start-up memory footprint is reduced to 1/2 ~ 1/3 of the previous SystemVue release.
- Efficiently handle built-in and optional libraries in terms of memory requirement.
Baseband Verification Libraries
- W1910 LTE Baseband Verification Library updated for distribute RB mapping, DCI Generation, DL and UL control channel decoding, MIMO Decoder (ML Detection), and Transmission Mode 7(Port 5) and 8 (Port 7/8) and Positioning Reference Signal Support
- W1917 WLAN Baseband Verification Library now supports 802.11ac PHY modeling, including BER with new propagation path model
- W1916 3G Baseband Verification Library updated for HSDPA
- W1905 Radar Baseband Library now includes support for SAR based on Range Doppler and CS algorithm, improved Radar Ambiguity, Kalman and Alpha-Beta Filtering, improved clutter modeling for ground/sea scenarios, Updated Digital Array modeling, including antenna pattern import for array models, new examples for SAR and Automotive FMCW .
W1716 Digital Pre-distortion Builder
- GUI Updates for improved DPD Flow
- Support direct utilization of Signal Studio Waveforms for licensed standards in SystemVue
- Support direct utilization of VSA .sdf files
- GUI Update to allow user IP for DPD extraction and DPD pre-distorter algorithm in .M syntax
- Support for wideband modular instruments
- Support for simulation based extraction using direct cosimulation with ADS and GoldenGate circuit environments
W1903 Fixed-Point Library
- New CORDIC vectoring and Rotation fixed point signal processing models, fully synthesizable
- New FFT fixed point signal processing models, fully synthesizable
- New Hardware Design examples for timing sync
W1717 Hardware Design Kit
- New HDL/FGPA code generation UI improves SystemVue HDL flow direct to programmed FPGA.
- Streamlined flow for generating Verilog/VHDL modules from fixed-point subnetworks, generating test vectors, and automatically creating/configurating Xilinx ISE projects for targeted Xilinx FPGA family
- Automatic programming of DCM and I/O mappings for Xilinx FPGA
- Support for Xilinx Virtex4, Virtex5, and Virtex6 FPGA Families.
W1714 AMI Model Generator
- AMI model generation now supports compilation for Linux 64-bit operating systems.
- Update FFE normalization (when the Normalization parameter is set to YES) to normalize the computed FFE taps to have unit sum – sum of absolute FFE coefficient values rather than sum of coefficient values.
- Output automatically computed FFE and DFE coefficients to simulation log.
W1719 RF System Design Kit
- Improve Quick Sweeps use model for easy setup of Compression Curve, Frequency Response, Spectrum Sweep, Amplitude Sweep and Group Delay of a specified path.
- Support new Sweep Plot to view the swept data in an organized way such that users can quickly identify and track pieces of a spectrum from an input frequency sweep.
- Corrected NF and SNR calculations for multi-input, single output RF Architecture with correlated signals and uncorrelated noise (Antenna Array Architectures)
GoldenGate Fast Circuit Envelope (FCE)
- Better GoldenGate GUI and flow for exporting FCE models from GoldenGate.
- Improve setup runtime for FCE level2 and level3 models.
- Update FCE level2 model equation to be consistent with GoldenGate.
W1718 (and Core product) C++ Code Generator
- Support C++ code generation for all Untimed models, including various untimed sources. Refer to C Code Generation Category for a list of parts that support C++ code generation.
- License Tools version is 126.96.36.199.
- Various fixes for anomalous issues with the License Setup Wizard.
- Multiple concurrent simulations are now allowed by default, when using bundles, with each new concurrent simulation pulling another bundle. Previously the default behavior was to limit a bundle to one simulation except for Momentum Turbo. This default behavior can be turned off by setting SYSTEMVUE_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=off to restore the previous behavior of allowing only one concurrent simulation at a time via a single bundle.
- In order to run multiple versions of SystemVue together, be sure to explicitly set SYSTEMVUE_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=on in your environment so that both old and new versions of SystemVue will use the same method to checkout licenses. Otherwise you may encounter the error "Licensed number of users already reached". When running multiple versions of EEsof products together set EESOF_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=on to avoid this problem.
- Fix various licensing issues and instability.
- Correct eye diagram trace plot.
- Force input and output data types of generated C++ models based on data types of the subnetwork ports.
- Improve platform stability including graphs, schematic wiring, renaming dataset variable, Spectrasys, RF Link, code generation, UI, etc.
- Fix various equation evaluation issues and instability.
- Fix VSA stability issues including MIMO simulation and exiting VSA.
- Fix model stability issues in WiMAX_DL_FreqSync, DynamicUnpack_M, and EVM.
- Fix issues in using setup files in FlexDCA.
- Largely improve memory requirement during timed data flow simulation setup phase for certain highly multirate designs. Fix "TSDF failed to allocate enough memory during setup" issues.
- LTE-A license can now read LTE Signal Studio files.
- Fix port ordering in automatically generated symbols (AutoSymDF) for C++ models. The input ports and output ports of AutoSymDF symbols now follow the order specified in DEFINE_MODEL_INTERFACE.
For existing workspaces, the port ordering of AutoSymDF symbols could change and result in incorrect connectivity. If it happens, re-wire part connections will solve the problem.
- When SystemVue exits in an unexpected way while using VSA-A source or VSA-A sink, SystemVue licenses do not release. You will have to end VSA processes (VsaVector.exe) through Windows Task Manager in order to release SystemVue licenses.
- When running multiple versions of SystemVue together, be sure to explicitly set SYSTEMVUE_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=ON in your environment so that both old and new versions of SystemVue will use the same method to checkout licenses. Otherwise you may encounter the error "Licensed number of users already reached".
Workaround: When running multiple versions of EEsof products together, you must set EESOF_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=ON.
- On some Windows 7 systems when more than one definition of an Ethernet adapter exists (duplicates) license check outs may appear to hang up. The work around for this problem is to disable the duplicate network card definitions in your network settings: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. This issue has been acknowledged by Flexera and they have created a bug report SIOC-000103097.
- On Windows, if you install SystemVue 2011.10 and then EMPro 2011.07 in that sequence, the EMPro 2011.07 installation downgrades the License Tool version.
Workaround: Download and re-install the latest version of Agilent EEsof License Tool from http://www.keysight.com/find/eesof-flexnet-downloads.
- If a license server is configured with two license versions, i.e., version 2.8 and 2.9 node-locked license file, the license server may crash.
Workaround: You should combine the two license files into one file, instead of using them separately.
W1719 RF System Design Kit
Double Balanced Mixer
Default parameters were changed for the double balanced mixer to correspond more closely with the port isolations seen by the basic mixer model. These changes will affect the amplitudes of various spurious responses when compared to the prior set of default values for this same mixer. Be aware of this when comparing results using this model with prior versions. The spurious data will be exactly the same between versions when the parameters use the same values. No changes were made to the model only some of the default values changed.
Because of the default parameter changes for the Double Balanced Mixer, as described above, the default WhatIF results compared to prior versions will also differ for the same reasons. When the double balanced mixers parameters are set to identical values the results will also be identical.
Since the multisource now supports multiple noise sources existing multisources that use a noise source will have to be reset to function correctly. This can be done by double-clicking the multisource to bring up its part properties, click Edit for the noise source and then click Ok then Ok. This will reset the model and save the noise data in the correct format.
In prior releases to SystemVue 2011.10 only the desired spectrum located at the path source was used to determine the desired channel power along the path. When multiple sources where combined along the path the combiner node for the sources excluded all source signals that did not begin at the head of the specified path. This causes path measurement issues for applications like active antenna arrays since additional source power is being excluded from some of the path calculations. Beginning in version 2011.10 all source signals being combined along a path that fall into the channel measurement bandwidth will be included in the desired channel power measurements and will affect other measurements such as gain and cascaded gain.
Part instance name clash
When the instance name of the top level subnetwork you generate code for happens to be same as the instance name of a part inside the subnetwork, the generated code is incorrect and will not compile.
Workaround: Change the instance name of the top level subnetwork or the part inside the top level subnetwork so that they are not the same.