WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1 Release Notes
WaferPro Express is fully integrated with Keysight EEsof device modeling products. The tests developed in the IC-CAP environment can easily be executed in WaferPro Express, while data measured with WaferPro Express can be easily loaded into IC-CAP, Model Builder Program (MBP), and Model Quality Assurance (MQA).
WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1 is a new, easy-to-use, yet flexible and powerful software for wafer-level measurements of devices, and circuit components. It is designed for device modeling and characterization engineers.
What's New in WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1
- New prober support of Cascade Microtech Velox 2.0 with WaferSync interface - A new software architecture for wafer-level measurement systems
- Full wafer map synchronization with Velox 2.0 - Streamlines the process of setting up test plans
- Automated RF calibration verification with Velox 2.0 and WinCal XE - Increased efficiency in S-parameter measurements
- Support of WMS verification with Keysight Verification Substrate (KVS) - Wafer-level Measurement Solution (WMS) system level verification at installation
- Noise Figure measurements with PNA-X - Expanding measurement capabilities beyond S-parameters
- Easy import of test routines from IC-CAP .dut and .mdl files - Leverage existing work, including test programs
- Enhanced instrument and prober settings - Increased efficiency in saving/reading setting files
- Saving of .s2p files - Providing wider flexibility to data saving
- New Email notification - Helps improving overall measurement flow efficiency
- Improved Routines and Measurement Groups editing and programming environment - UI and Functionality enhancements
Supported Operating Systems
WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1 is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6
Installing WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1
To install WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1:
- Back up your user file:
Back up your user folder:
If you need a clean installation, remove the file and the folder. If you need a clean backup of the user settings for the older version, copy the file and the folder with a different name. To update the Simulation Deck files in the user folder, remove
$HOME/hpeesof/waferpro_2015_01/simulationfolder before starting the application. (recommended)
- Uninstall the earlier version of WaferPro Express (and reboot the PC on Windows). Ensure that no installation folder of the removed version resides on your system.
- Clear the cache to get the updated documentation if the earlier version of WaferPro Express 2015.01was installed.
- For Windows: Delete $HOME/AppData/Local/Keysight/Help/waferproxp201501 folder
For Linux: Delete $HOME/.local/share/data/Keysight/Help/waferproxp201501 folder.
- Download WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1 (navigate to the page and click Details and Download from Trials and Licenses tab and click the Hotfix link), and install it.
Start the application. The system starts using the user file and the user folder.
Measurement Routines, Device Types, Measurement Types, Hardware Connections settings and System Hardware Drivers are saved to the user file or the user folder as Application settings, which are separate from Project settings.
For more information, see Installation and License Setup.
- WaferPro Express 2015.01 runs with: a) version 2014.01 of the EEsof EDA licensing software, b) version 3.1, 3.2 codewords, and c) the licensing server software, lmgrd and agileesofd, to be upgraded to at least the same versions as what are included in EEsof EDA Licensing software 2014.01. WaferPro Express 2015.01 will not start if any of these requirements is not met. Refer to the License Codeword Version Compatibility Table.
- In the EEsof EDA License Tools version 2014.01, licensing vendor daemon (agileesofd) is upgraded to sync up with FlexNet FNP 184.108.40.206 version of FLEX license manager (lmgrd). WaferPro Express installer for the Windows platform will automatically set up these two new license server daemons by default for the local node-locked license users; for Linux, you need to follow the Linux/Solaris Licensing Setup instruction to complete the licensing configuration process. For more details, refer to .
- A real-time and systematic license setup troubleshooting utility, Diagnose, is added to the License Manager tool. This utility produces a detailed health report of a user's currently configured licensing environment.
- A My Support ID utility is added to the License manager tool to allow a user to retrieve his/her Support ID required to contact Keysight EEsof Tech Support.
Issues Fixed in WaferPro Express 2015.01 HF1
- Many usability improvements done.
- Incorrect manual measurement setting when auto-saving the project has been fixed.
- Get/Set Wafer Map was improved for Velox.
- Bug fixes on ProberBench drivers.
- Improved the speed of creating a wafer map comprising a large number of dies.
- Hang-up in Target Die selection has been fixed.
- Test Plan Run Controller was introduced for re-run / partial run of a Test Plan.
- GPIB issues have been fixed.
- Error in reading a log sweep mdm file has been fixed.
- Default/Master instrument options and system hardware option settings in the Hardware Connection window can now be saved to / recalled from a .hdw file.
- File Open/Save of the master instrument options table is now available.
- Bug fix on handling hardware settings and test bench.
- Fixed Unit Alias control issue to retain user-defined measurements.
- Error with Time Mode Input has been fixed.
- Fixed applied for handling device parameter values when a device is included multiple times in Meas Device table.
- Save To File button in manual measurement window now saves a set of mdm data files.
- View data in text is available both in Routine Editor window and Meas Group window.
- For Routine customization, new waferpro functions were added for more simple code in WPRO_INIT and WPRO_EXECUTE transform.
- New PEL/Python factory routines added. For more information, see Factory Routine Library.
- In PEL:
- In Python:
- In PEL:
- PEL/Python examples were added.
- KVS version 1.0 was supported for system verification.
- B1500 measurement speed issue with SCUU has been fixed.
- Set Instrument button was added for capacitance meter calibration.
- UI of Wafer Data Mapping Viewer was improved.
- Total Device Count in Test Plan Start window now shows the correct total number.
- Saving a project does no more clear the Measurement Result Log window.
- Documentation updated.
Issues Fixed in WaferPro Express 2015.01
- WaferPro Express no longer crash if you uncheck sequence checkbox in Test Plan tree and perform manual measurement under the items.
- The bug that caused WaferPro Express crash when deleting a routine tied to a measurement group and renaming an existing routine with the same name has been fixed.
- You can view input data for MeasGroups linked to Factory Routine
- Fixes have been applied to read and set data storage path information on opening a project
- Matrix Connect button is available.
- Fixed made to perform check for Home Die.
- Open/Save Transform (Python/PEL program) from file is available.
- Copy and paste a routine to different device type works as expected.
- A fix has been made to allow considering deactivated dies during Manual/Single Measurement.
- Instrument Options table (default) in Measurement Groups window does not remain null after Run manual measurement or start test plan.
- Fixed applied to update measurement group setup check boxes while loading the cvs file for measurement condition variables.
- Fixed applied to refresh the check box in the Measurement Group window when you add a routine control variable and click refresh.
Issues Fixed in WaferPro Express 2015.01 Beta 1
- On windows, a possible Administrator privilege issue preventing the automatic restarting of the FlexFNP license server program, lmgrd after the PC comes out of the hibernation mode has been fixed. The License Setup Wizard will automatically restart the server without any user intervention.
Several application crash / hang-up cases fixed.
Factory routines and user-defined routines are separately treated more clearly
Prober Coordinates in WaferPro Express is now same as Prober ‘Machine’ Coordinates (fixed for each probe station).
Move up/down available for Routine Control Variables and Setups.
Open/Save buttons for Instrument Option table in MeasGroup window now uses .iot file.
For Power Input, Watts/dBm can be selected now.
View (data) button is available in Transform editor window.
View (data) function is available for Inputs in MeasGroup window.
While running a test plan, if a simulation is not runnable, an error message is displayed.
Fixed Routine Editor window bugs.
Checkbox for MeasGroup setup is now working for selection.
License error while opening plot when test plan is running
Fixed bugs in Set VNA (NWA) window.
UI/Bug fixes in Hardware Connection window
Fixed mismatch/sync issues around MeasGroup.
Fixed bug on SMUs selection during measurements.
Fixed issue with K70x driver in Driver mdl.
Factory routines issue resolved.
Example projects issue resolved.
PA300 driver in Driver mdl should not require other prober license.
Fixed tmp files issues on Linux.
Resolved PT data CSV file writing.
Fixed Device Type dialog issue.
Bug fixes in Add Target Dies window.
Resolved sync issues among wafer map views.
Need to skip temperature changing / stabilization procedure for ‘None’ driver.
Bug fixes in Wafer Data Mapping viewer.
Set Temperature was not working with Nucleus.
Measurement Log view cleared when saving project.
Die state in a wafer map was not correctly saved to/read from a project file.
Double number for [um] values should not be in "x.xxxK" format.
- There is a limitation to the size of the Routine Library. Because WaferPro Express is a 32 bit application, the process size can only grow to ~3GB even on a 64-bit system with more memory than that. Routine definitions are used for measurement and simulation and occupy memory based on the number of inputs/outputs and number of points. Because of this, there is a practical limit to the size of the Routine Library (typically larger than 100 routines). By using Routine Control Variable to control the number of points in setups, the size of the Routine Library can be minimized by giving such variables small default values.
- When copying WaferPro Express files (.wxconfig_[version], (project).wpx) from Unix operating system to Windows, you need to execute
The vendor daemon agileesofd sometimes crashes when running on remote Windows 8 machine. This crash occurs in the License Manager and Product Selector dialog boxes. WaferPro Express can still run. Keysight is working with Flexera to resolve this issue.
Workaround: Use a different operating system for remote license server. If you must use Windows 8, the vendor daemon may crash when viewing licenses with the License Manager or when requesting license availability from the Product Selector dialog box. The license server, lmgrd, automatically restarts the vendor daemon and license checkout can proceed normally.
You need to manually set the Origin die and Home die after executing the Get Prober Wafer Map for Nucleus/Proberbench feature.
After changing the Origin die, set the Home die after that.
Reopen the Manual run dialog box, to get the updates on MeasGroup.
Cut/Copy/Paste operation is inconsistent across tables.
For Nucleus / Proberbench driver, Get/Set Wafer Map works only when you click Initialize Setup button available in HW Connections window.
For Nucleus / Proberbench driver, Get/Set Wafer Map works very slow.
The "Delete" key in the keyboard does not functioning correctly in some cases.
While connecting to Velox with multiple WaferPro Express sessions may cause a crash.
Two GPIB interfaces and Rebuild provides wrong interface selection to a connected instrument.
Add Measurement Device window content is not saved in the project.
Unit column is missing in the MeasCond variable table available in the MeasGroup window.
An error is displayed when you import the subsites from velox including "[DieOrigin]" and save the test plan.
Connection issue with Velox server on multiple machines.
MdmList_xxx.csvwill not update when in locked state.
- Routine editor window is not automatically displayed on top of Linux but you can bring this manually. (may not be fixed).
|Previous test plan status window does not close automatically.||To close it manually, select File > Exit from the Status window.|
An empty field in the Device Type Editor does not allow to close the dialog box.
|You might face an issue with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V shortcut keys.||Select and right-click on the text to be copied, then select “Copy” from the context menu.|
|Device Type and Meas Group are not completely synchronized with Meas Groups. For example, after modifying Device Type, the corresponding Meas Group is not updated.||NA|
|Undo/Redo feature is not fully functional for WaferPro Express.||NA|
|An absence of “||NA|
|Meas Group Summary is not updated immediately.||To update it, click the white space in the table or other item to deselect or reselect the item.|
|Save To File option in Manual measurement is currently not working with Database.||NA|
|Opening a plot for "||NA|
|New license server software packaged in the EEsof EDA License Tools version 2014.01 does not work on SuSE 10 platform.||Use SuSE 11 or RHEL 5 or 6 instead as your Linux license server machine.|
|Unable to install Flex-10 driver if Flex-9 dongle is already plugged into a machine.||Before installing a Flex-10 driver for the first time, unplug the Flex-9 dongle.|
There is a known Flexera FNP issue, whereby mixing node-locked codewords and floating codewords in one license file can result in:
|It is recommended to not mix node-locked codewords and floating codewords in one license file nor in any configuration that ends up with node-locked codewords and floating codewords both available on the same server. That means, store the node-locked license and floating license on different servers and point the respective license based on what needs to be executed.|
In addition, it is recommend to remove the expired codewords to separate out the new and the old versions of codewords into different files and different servers.
WaferPro Express not starting on Linux platform.
|Not specifying the TCP/IP port for the license server during license setup may lead to unexpected behavior and/or license checkout failure on the Windows platform.||It is recommend to explicitly specify the TCP/IP port associated with each license server.|
|A node-locked and floating bundle operating on Linux cannot be shared between products using EDA License Tools version 2014.01 and 220.127.116.11 or earlier when run at the same time.||NA|
|The "Check-in failed" message occurs in the license activity log and can be ignored; the license mentioned in this message is actually properly returned.||NA|
|License Setup Wizard does not remove any previous user-configured FLEX Windows License Service installed using FlexNet's lmtools.|
You must remove the previous user-configured Windows License Service via lmtools.
|Receiving an error message, "Licensed number of users already reached" on running multiple versions of WaferPro Express releases together.||Set |
|On some Windows 7 machines, when more than one definition of an Ethernet adapter exists (duplicates), license checkouts may appear to hang up.||Disable the duplicate network card definitions in your network settings: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. This issue has been acknowledged by Flexera and they have created a bug report (SIOC-000103097).|
|If a license server is configured with two license versions, that is, version 2.8 and 2.9 node-locked license files, the license server may crash.||You should combine the two license files into one file, instead of using them separately.|
For LSF style distributed simulations, in case of windows, ensure that the PATH points to the
|License Setup Wizard (||You can |
|The License Setup Wizard will exit or not properly configure a license server, if the server has all of its licenses currently in use.||Wait for a license on the server to become available as you normally would before launching the product.|
|Unable to set license in case unicode characters are used either in path or license file name because the Flex License Service does not support these characters.||NA|
|Product Selector tool will be unable to display the license server status properly when connected to older license server.||Upgrade your license server to the latest version.|
|Product selector opens every time we invoke WaferPro Express even when we auto-start by selecting a particular product license.||Set the environment variables, |
|Unable to install/uninstall WaferPro Express on Windows OS.|
Install the latest 64-bit version of Java from Oracle if your PC is on 64-bit version of Windows.