This section describes the installation process. Before beginning the installation, ensure that you have everything that is needed to complete the installation and licensing steps. You must read and follow the instructions in System Requirements. The licensing steps depend on what type of licensing you are using. The licensing steps depend on what type of licensing you are using. It is highly recommended that you read the Licensing Overview to determine which type of licensing applies to your requirement.
If you would like to request a demo of any part of Genesys, visit the Genesys evaluation request page.
If you are re-installing the product in a location different than its previous installation, it is recommended that you delete the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Keysight > Genesys<version>.
Moreover, If you are re-installing the Eagleware in a location different than its previous installation, it is recommended that you delete the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Eagleware”.
|Antivirus on your system may remove one or more files installed during the SytemVue installation leading to a corrupt Genesys installation. It is highly recommended that you disable antivirus and other related programs on your system before installing starting Genesys. You can enable them once the Genesys installation is complete.|
- You can download the latest version of Genesys from http://www.keysight.com/find/eesof-genesys-latest-downloads.
- Navigate to download location where you saved the Genesys <version_number> installer.
- Launch the Genesys <version_number> installer.The InstallAnywhere wizard extracts the components and displays the Introduction tab.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Read the License Agreement and if you agree, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement and then click Next.
The Choose Install Set window is displayed.
- Select one of the install sets from Complete (Default), Minimal, and Custom.The Choose Install Folder window is displayed (C:\Program Files\Keysight\Genesys<version_number>). Here is a brief description of the install sets:
Complete: All Genesys <version_number> features with examples and videos are installed.
Minimal: All Genesys <version_number> features are installed. This option is recommended if you have limited disk space and memory.
Custom: All Genesys <version_number>features are installed. The examples and videos are installed if selected.
For all install sets, the offline help installed by default.
You can type a new location or proceed with the default location (C:\Program Files\Keysight\ Genesys <version_number> ).
The installation path can only contain ASCII characters.
- Click Next to proceed.
If you selected the Custom install set, it gives options to select required features from the install set.
The Pre-Installation Summary tab appears is displayed.
- Click Install to proceed with the installation or click previous to change any previously made selection.
The installation wizard displays the different progress windows such as Pre-Installation Summary, Optional Software Download, and Installation Complete:
You have now successfully installed Genesys. The next step is to setup Licensing. Follow the steps appropriate for the type of licensing you are using.
The InstallAnywhere program provided with Genesys supports silent installation mode. A normal (non-silent) installation requires your input for installing Genesys. However, a silent installation does not display prompts for inputs. InstallAnywhere supports a silent installation mode that does not need interactive input and runs either using the defaults provided for a complete install or using a response file that contains the values for various InstallAnywhere variables that control the installation.
Here is an overview on how to set up and run a silent installation.
- Run Genesys uninstallation for existing installations of the same version.
- Run the Genesys <version_number>.exe utility using arguments for a silent installation (see below).
Running a Silent Installation
To run a silent installation, run the Genesys <version_number>.exe utility using the silent installation arguments
- On the client PC, verify that Genesys installation folder does not already exist. There should not be a C:\Program Files\Keysight\Genesys <version_number> folder since the silent installation process is not expecting it to be there. If Genesys has been already installed, uninstall it before you continue.
On the client PC, open a command prompt or DOS prompt window and change to Genesys <version_number>.exe location. This location can be a server.
When a silent installation is running, no confirmation dialogs are displayed. However, the process monitor does show that the _ Genesys install.exe process is running in the background. If you are installing Genesys on Windows 7 , you must be an administrator to install.
On the client PCs, perform one of the following actions to run a silent installation of Genesys :
Silent installation of Genesys installs the License Setup Wizard. However, if the license setup is required on your PC, the License Setup Wizard is launched on the first run of Genesys.
- Complete Silent Install: To perform a completely silent installation, type the following command on the command line:
Genesys <version_number>.exe -i silent
- Custom Silent Install: The custom silent installation gets its input from the installvariables.properties response file created during a custom installation. To perform a custom silent installation without requiring any user interaction, create a response file then type the following command on the command line specifying the path to the response file:
Genesys <version_number>.exe -f c:\tmp\your_response_file.txt -i silent
Creating Custom Response File
You can create a custom response file by using the following command:
<Genesys_Installer_FileName>.exe -r "<Destination Path>/<Response_FileName>.properties"
Genesys <version_number>.exe -r "C:\Users\johndoe\genesys_responsefile.properties"
The default file name is installer.properties and the default path is the same directory as the installer.
The most effective way to troubleshoot errors with the silent install/uninstall process is to run the same type of installation in normal or visual mode.
Visual C++ redistributable error 1935 on Windows
During installation, you may encounter the following error:
This is an error with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable libraries required by Genesys. Generally, this error means that this redistributable failed to install itself properly.
As a workaround, restart the affected machine. After restarting, the installation should complete successfully. If it does not, you should remove all versions of the C++ libraries from Windows Control Panel, and try reinstalling.
If restarting the machine and reinstalling does not work, this indicates a critical problem with the Windows Installer entries on this computer. In this case, you can try restoring the computer to a previous state using system restore or running a repair of the operating system.
See Microsoft's website here for more information about System Restore:
Language Pack Installation and Usage
The Genesys Language Pack provides local language support for Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), and Russian in Genesys menu picks.
To install the language packs, follow these steps:
- Unzip the desired DLL for the local language support you need.
- Copy and paste the DLL into the Genesys installation "bin" folder. This is typically located in C:\Program Files\Keysight\Genesys<version>\bin directory.
- Start Genesys.
- Select Tools > Options > Language tab and select the required language.
- Exit and restart Genesys to start using the selected language user interface.