Welcome to the SystemVue 2012.06 Product Documentation
Access to the full on-line documentation for SystemVue 2012.06 requires you to log in and have supported status. Please log in using your EEsof Knowledge Center login/password to display and access the full set of documentation.
SystemVue 2012.06 Release Notes
W1461 Core Platform Improvements
C++ Model Builder
- C++ model builder has been upgraded to use the CMake framework and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 for building C++ model libraries. Refer to Building Your First Custom C++ Model Library for the new CMake framework.
- A new command "Create Model Builder Project" is provided in the Action menu to provide easy setup for your C++ Model Builder project.
SystemVue only supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 for building C++ model libraries to be used in SystemVue. See System Requirements for details.
- Improved stability of equation evaluation in the integrated equation systems involving Equations in a workspace tree, Equations tab and Parameters tab associated with schematics, Math Language models, part parameters, etc.
- New equation cancellation dialog window will pop up during long equation evaluation to inform you of an option of using Ctrl+C to cancel the calculation.
- Improved Equation Debugger for better usability featuring new equation debugger window, new call stack window, and improved local variable window.
- The new equation debugger window can now be moved outside SystemVue GUI frame for better equation debugging experience using multiple monitors.
- The new call stack window tracks call stacks of Math Language functions across equations and MathLang models.
New Monte Carlo and Optimization Evaluations
- New Optimization Evaluation for finding a solution over a set of tunable variables to meet the specified goals in Data Flow Analysis or RF System (Spectrasys) Analysis. The optimization is based on the specified Cost Function and Optimization Methods.
- New Yield/Monte Carlo Evaluations which provide statistical analysis of a set of measurements on the specified Data Flow Analysis or RF System (Spectrasys) Analysis. The Monte Carlo evaluation perturbs (statistically varies) a set of tunable variables based on the specified random distribution and limits. A Yield is similar, but it has Target functions which are tracked.
- New histogram Math Language function and histogram plot for displaying Monte Carlo simulation results.
New HDL Cosimulation with Aldec Riviera-PRO
- The new SystemVue - Riviera-PRO cosimulation capability provides a new flow for cosimulating with HDL modules. In this flow, users first build/export the HDL modules from Aldec Riviera-PRO into a library, then load the library in SystemVue, and use the HDL modules as custom data flow models inside SystemVue.
- During simulation, SystemVue cosimulates with a single Aldec Riviera-PRO simulator and this requires just a single Riviera-PRO license even if you have multiple Riviera-PRO cosimulation models on schematic.
- Riviera-PRO cosimulation has been integrated with the HDL Code Generator. If you specify the "Aldec Riviera PRO Executable" path in the Code Generation global options (Tools > Options ...), the HDL Code Generator will automatically configure and insert Riviera-PRO cosimulation models into the manage-model list of the code generation subnetwork part.
- Refer to HDL Cosimulation With Riviera PRO for details.
New SystemC Cosimulation
- The new SystemCCosim model enables a flow for cosimulating with SystemC modules across data flow (data-driven) and discrete event (event-driven) models of computation. Each individual SystemCCosim model will automatically compiles a sc_main executable that simulates the specified SystemC module using SystemC simulator and communicates data back and forth with SystemVue data flow simulator.
- Refer to Using SystemC Models inside SystemVue manual and SystemC Cosimulation tutorial for details.
This is a preliminary work for interacting with SystemC.
- The only supported SystemC port types are sc_in and sc_out of double, float, int, and bool.
- The execution and communication between multiple SystemCCosim models are still governed by data flow models of computation.
- The SystemVue-ADS cosimulation block models (ADSCosimBlock, ADSCosimBlockCx, and ADSCosimBlockEnv) provide a new set of optional parameters to automatically call ADS hpeesofsim.exe to simulate the specified netlist of the ADS cosimulation schematic.
- This feature allows SystemVue to perform swept co-simulation with ADS and benefits applications like DPD.
- SystemVue now supports Agilent 89600 VSA version 15.0, I/O Libraries 16.2, and Command Expert 1.1.
- CommandExpertLink now allows user to directly type in instrument VISA address in existing workspace.
- New Math Language function agRunSequence can send into an instrument the control sequences from a sequence file exported by Command Expert .
- SignalDownloader_E4438C supports new Agilent N5182B MXG signal generator.
- VSA_89600B_Source provides a new AutoRange parameter to optionally perform a one-shot auto-range operation before acquisition.
- New Math Language function math_close89600vsa to close all foreground 89600 VSA windows and all background 89600 VSA processes with specified number of processes left in the background.
Math Language Model
- Math Language MathLang model has been updated to properly handle multi-rate I/O, multidimensional matrices, and multi-ports. Refer to Multi-Rate Input Examples, Multi-Rate Output Examples and Multiport Example for handling inputs and outputs with multirate and multiport.
Starting from this release, the output rate is associated with the first dimension. If you want to output individual scalar elements of a length-N vector, you need to set output rate to N and make sure the output is a Nx1 matrix (column vector).
Other Model Improvements
- ReadFile model now supports CSV (comma-separated values) file format.
Data Flow Analysis
- Data Flow Analysis now highlights the linkage (dependency relations) between multiple source and sink parameters for data collection (Start Time, Stop Time, System Sample Rate, Number of Samples, Time Spacing, and Frequency Resolution).
New Design Flow Tutorials and Examples
- New Tutorials book in SystemVue documentation for providing tutorials of the following design flows: Algorithm Design, Hardware Design, RF Design, Measurement Automation, and Simulation Control and Scripting.
- New tutorial examples in <SystemVue Installation Directory>\Examples\Tutorials.
Updates to Optional Products and Libraries
W1714 AMI Model Generator
- AMI flow update to support redriver application.
- New Optical SerDes models added to W1713 SerDes Model Library. (The W1714 product includes the W1713 product.)
- Integration with CMake for Linux support.
W1715 MIMO Channel Builder Library
- Support for LTE basestation antenna array synthesis.
W1716 Digital Pre-Distortion Builder
- New single-connection method of DPD extraction that allows greater automation, convenience.
- Swept verification of DPD results vs. power, memory order, nonlinear order.
- Improved UI and swept results with DPD extractions of ADS co-simulation devices.
- Dynamic Help feature, gives application hints for many parameters.
W1717 Hardware Design Kit
- Direct integration of Altera Quartus Pro (FPGA synthesis) into the HDL code generation interface.
- New Xilinx IP Integrator in Hardware Design Library, it can integrate Xilinx CORE Generator IP cores into SystemVue environment. The integrated IP cores can run HDL co-simulation with ModelSim and automatic Xilinx FPGA implementation flow to get programmable bit file.
W1718 C++ Code Generator
- C++ Code Generator has been upgraded to use CMake framework for supporting multiple build environments for different code generation targets: SystemVue Model (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 only), Standalone Lib (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and 2008 SP1), ADS Ptolemy Model (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and 2008 SP1), IBIS Algorithmic Modeling Interface (Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and 2008 SP1 and Linux).
W1903 Fixed-Point Library
- The license for the W1903 Fixed-Point Library has been consolidated into the W1717 Hardware Design Kit, which now provides any capability associated with FPGA design flows and verification.
W1905 Radar Library
- SAR and multi-target echo generator
- Wideband receiver
- Stepped frequency Radar
- Antenna model which supports many illumination functions
- Moving target model which supports velocity, accelerate and jerk
W1910 LTE (and W1918 LTE-Advanced) Libraries
- Support for Multimedia Broadcast and Multicast Services (MBMS).
- Support for Control Channel (CCH) decode.
W1911 WiMAX Library
- Support for MIMO encoding/decoding, MIMO channel, and MIMO testbenches
W1916 3G Library
- Support for Dual Carrier HSPA+.
W1917 WLAN Library
- Support for 802.11b and 802.11g/n.
- New License version 3.0 released.
- License Tools version is 184.108.40.206.
- W1903 Fixed-point model library has been consolidated into the W1717 hardware design kit. The W1903 ordering number goes away, but the fixed-point library continues within the SystemVue environment as part of a different W1717 add-on module, with full support. The SV2012.06 licensing reflects this change. Also, W1717 HDK no longer depends on the W1903 license, since it now includes it.
- Equation evaluation and debugging
- Resolved issues in Math Language parsing and several Math Language functions, including readvector, helpdoc, butter, sftrans, and fprintf.
- Resolved issues related to equation evaluation across multiple equation objects and the environment.
- Resolved equation break point issues when shifting lines in equation editors.
- Improved Ctrl+C responsiveness in Math Language computation and MATLAB region.
- Algorithm Design Library models
- Resolved stability issues in CCDF_Cx, CCDF_Env, ReadSignalStudioFile, SpectrumAnalyzerEnv, and SignalDownloader_N5106A.
- Updated FastCircuitEnvelope simulation kernel.
- Resolved an issue in switching different instruments in CommandExpertLink.
- Updated model documentation to provide correct C++ code generation information.
- Resolved stability issues in LTE and MIMO Channel Builder libraries.
- Resolved various platform issues including loading and unloading libraries, opening/saving/closing (corrupted) workspaces, and sweeping analyses.
- Resolved various issues in RF_Link.
To use X parameters model with DC source in data flow simulation through RF_Link, the X parameters model as well as the DC source needs to be placed in the RF_Circuit_Link sub-circuit in a Spectrasys schematic.
- Resolved several issues in Spectrasys simulation, including temperature settings, couplers, mixer noise power in compression, and stability improvements.
- Resolved several graph issues, including plotting large number of data, enabling New Graph Series Wizard menu pick for plotting variables in equations, etc.
- Resolved issues in creating variables in dataset due to incorrect duplicated names.
- Resolved several C++ code generation issues, including translation of Math Language for loop and fixing duplicated fork names that causes compilation errors.
- Resolved stability issues in controlling SystemVue using the COM interface.
- Improved memory usage efficiency in simulation and equation evaluation.
- License Setup Wizard may display an incorrect <Product Release Number> on the title bar. However, it does not lead to any performance issues.
- License Setup Wizard may incorrectly report on 64-bit Windows machines that the dongle drivers need to be installed.
Workaround: Ensure that the dongle is securely inserted into the USB port if you are installing a license file tied to the dongle or install dongle driver manually.
- While running multiple versions of SystemVue together, set SYSTEMVUE_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=ON in your environment so that both old and new versions of SystemVue will use the same method to check out licenses. Otherwise, you might receive an error message, "Licensed number of users already reached".
Workaround: When running multiple versions of EEsof products together, you must set EESOF_MAXIMUM_BUNDLE_USAGE=ON.
- On some Windows 7 machines, when more than one definition of an Ethernet adapter exists (duplicates), license checkouts may appear to hang up.
Workaround: Disable the duplicate network card definitions in your network settings: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. This issue has been acknowledged by Flexera and they have created a bug report (SIOC-000103097).
- If a license server is configured with two license versions, that is, version 2.8 and 2.9 Nodelocked (fixed) license files, the license server may crash.
Workaround: You should combine the two license files into one file, instead of using them separately.
MATLAB Integration Issue
- When using MATLAB integration, if you encounter a java exception about “NoSuchMethodError”, try the following workaround:
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, uninstall the MATLABInterface with incorrect Publisher entry as “Microsoft”, then re-install SystemVue.
Offline Help Issues
- If you manually close the help window that you invoked using the Hint option in any application under Tools -> Applications -> DPD menu option, the help window that opens now onwards does not display Contents, Index, and Bookmarks panels.
Workaround: To fix this issue, open the Help and select View -> Contents, View -> Index, and View -> Bookmarks options one by one. You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Alt+O, Alt+I, and Alt+C in sequence to achieve the same results.