- K. S. Kunz and R. J. Luebbers, "The Finite Difference Time Domain Method for Electromagnetics". Upper Saddle River: CRC Press, 1993.
- A. Taflove and S. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Third Edition. New York: Artech House Publishers, 2005.
- C95.3-2002, "Recommended practice for measurements and computations of radio frequency electromagnetic fields with respect to human exposure to such fields, 100khz to 300ghz," IEEE Standards and Coordinating Committee 28 on Non-Ionizing Radiation Hazards, pp. i-126, April 2002.
- K. Yee, "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation 14, pp. 302-307, 1966.
- C. Balanis, Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics. New York: Wiley, 1989. Section 2.8.3.
- J. R. W. Simon Ramo and T. V. Duzer, Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics. New York: Wiley, 1994. Section 13.12.
- R. E. Collin, Foundations for Microwave Engineering. New York: Wiley-IEEE P, 2000. Section 6.7.
- B. Lax and K. J. Button, Microwave Ferrites and Ferrimagnetics. McGraw-Hill, 1962. Sections 4.1, 4.2.
- F. Kung and H. T. Chuah, "A finite-difference time-domain (fdtd) software for simulation of printed circuit board (pcb) assembly," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, PIER 50, vol. Elsevier book series, pp. 299-335, 2005.